cost of upvc guttering / soffit

I am looking at the cost effectivness of getting UPVC guttering and soffit board (I think thats what its called) The parts that take the run off from the tiles. I need to get the wooden soffit board painted and as they are old (wooden) I am looking at the longer term costs. What would be a ball park figure to get this installed, its a 2 storey house (so would entail scaffolding), would require about 60 feet. Based central scotland.

thanks for any guidelines.

Reply to
SS

I don't know about the actual costs but I did mine about 30 years ago and it still OK and does not need painting either. The sofits must be fixed securely as being very flexible they can be affected by wind although I can see about 20 miles away and I am OK The Chinook helicopters might shake it loose though! Robbie

Reply to
Roberts

I think you mean fascia rather than soffit, or both.

Mine were done without scaffolding. They had some fancy ladder like affair.

You can replace completely or clad the existing wooden boards after suitable treatment.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

SS brought next idea :

I did my semi - facias, soffits, gutters fall pipes for around £200

-£300 for materials. We were quoted around £800/900 to do the job inc. material. It took us a weekend and we managed from two ladders, one of which was too short for most of the work - so rope was initially used to support the far ends of the sections. I think my finished job, was a better job than we had been quoted for.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield