Cornwall Electricals

Number is 08452 777444

Reply to
Emil Tiades

I have the E-mail contact person by the police.

snipped-for-privacy@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk

I'm lost 179 GBP about 242,- Euro from this **** company no delivery goods to the Netherlands.

Peter R.

Reply to
pravestein

Oh dear, how did you pay?

Reply to
Andy Burns

To the Netherlands? Irrelevant. No economic way to recover the loss.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I wondered if credit cards issued there offered the same protection as those issued here.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I paid by the Postbank.nl you can forget payment back the give me that answer. Normal international payment bij bank iban and bic number.

Peter R.

Reply to
pravestein

Well meneer......

I think that you would have to contact Postbank and ask them. Maybe Dutch consumer legislation gives you some protection for items purchased from other countries.

In the UK, consumer credit legislation protects credit card holders on transactions exceeding 100UKL made in the UK. It doesn't cover purchases made in other countries, so one has to consider that when deciding whether or not to buy.

Fraudulent transactions may be different. For example, in case of transactions or attempted transactions made following identity theft or equivalent are reimbursed or fail in the first place.

It's possible that the Cornwall Electricals saga does include some wrongdoing. That would be a matter to pursue with the bank, the card issuer and theoretically the police.

That's why I included the word *economic*. Recovery could well cost more in time and money than the amount of the attempted purchase.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I contact already the Dutch bank(Postbank) and explain the whole story. In a few weeks I can show them the paper-work from the dutch police and also I sent a copy to Police of Cornwall about this report.I hope this wil work.

Thanks for the information.

Peter R.

Reply to
pravestein

It sounds like your best option, but I suspect will take a long time.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I thought this had changed recently after it went through the courts.

Possibly, but I haven't been able to find anything confirming it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Piers Finlayson

Payment by bank iban is just an international BACS payment. In the UK, there would be no protection with a BACS payment.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I'ts like if that side at the moment is back in the air with a another lay-out then he try to continue is bad-work!!!!!!

Look out for Cornwall Electricals at Cornwall UK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter R.

Reply to
pravestein

The co.uk is only an empty blue page

The .com version is registered to some other crook at the same address. A google of his email address snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com leads to another discount electrical shop in Merseyside.

Registrant: David Smith 19a Parc Mellan Heamoor Penzance, Cornwall TR18 3PB GB

Domain name: CORNWALLELECTRICALS.COM

Administrative Contact: Smith, David snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com 19a Parc Mellan Heamoor Penzance, Cornwall TR18 3PB GB +441736369215 Technical Contact: Smith, David snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com 19a Parc Mellan Heamoor Penzance, Cornwall TR18 3PB GB +441736369215

Registration Service Provider: UK Reg, snipped-for-privacy@fasthosts.co.uk +44 1452 541252 +44 1452 538485 (fax)

Emil Tiades