Cord for reading glasses

My *reading* glasses hang round my neck on the cord supplied by Specsavers. The cord itself is fine but the plastic loop fitted over the frames stretches. The first move is to shorten the loop by doubling. This normally outlasts the prescription but can be reinforced by a few turns of fusewire:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Can't see how I can shorten the loop by doubling it. Fuse wire could be a good idea as could the insulation tape. It really should not be this difficult.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

er.. Two turns of loop round the frames.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

er .. I may just try this.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I used to use those, although don'y know where I got them, before I moved onto Varifocals.

The best one I ever bought had tight fitting coil springs over the plastic loop which could be slid along the loop to tighten it against the frame. I never needed another after that,

Reply to
Terry Casey