cooker filter hoods

Hello,

We moved into a house that has an Acorn hood over the cooker. Does anyone know if acorn have a web site? I need to get some replacement filters but am not sure which ones.

Once Acorn tell me, where's the cheapest place to buy filters?

TIA

Reply to
Sam

First, are you talking about charcoal filters, which you need only if you have a recirculating hood; or the 'paper sheet' type which trap grease, and which you need regardless of whether your hood recirculates or extracts to the outside?

If it's the latter, you can get generic ones anywhere (Aldi - dare I mention it - are particularly cheap) and cut them to size, rather than buying expensive model-specific filters. The charcoal ones are usually enclosed in plastic cassettes, which will be model-specific.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Hello,

I was asking about both. This is the first time I have gone to change the grease filter (overdue) and when I took the hood apart, I noticed a gap where the charcoal filter should be. This vents outside, so perhaps I don't need one.

What's the best grease filter to buy: I see some are disposable whilst others can be washed and reused?

Thanks.

Reply to
Sam

Nope. Just the sheets of filter material. As Lobster said Aldi sell it cheaply, or you can get it from Lakeland. Just cut it to size.

Never used the washable type.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman