Conveyancing

Have any of you used a Conveyancing firm that you would recommend? Its one thing I don't fancy doing myself!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

If you are just buying it is relatively straightforward, i have done it myself there is not a lot to do. Which have a good book on the subject.

It gets more complicated if you are selling as well but not impossible.

Reply to
Tufnell Park

Many moons ago I used a firm in the middle of Wales somewhere. Nowhere near the property but a smooth transaction

Reply to
stuart noble

And already you've omitted a potentially problem; leasehold. Doing your own freehold conveyancing is relatively straightforward; right up to the moment when it isn't.

FWIW, I will not deal with a purchaser or vendor who is doing their own conveyancing, since the last (first, and only) time that happened I ended up paying my solicitor to help the buyer "two down" the chain in order to prevent the chain collapsing.

Reply to
Huge

My solicitor 18 years ago had a higher rate for buying from someone who was doing their own conveyancing. That wasn't the case for the place I bought, but it was listed on their quote.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Jones and Co of Retford.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The bloke I mention above was an utter incompetent.

Reply to
Huge