Converting energy meter readings

I want to use a comparison site to, well, compare energy suppliers. I know my total meter readings for the year, but I want to convert to kWh. I know my gas meter is metric and assume all electric meters are the same. Web advice seems to vary so I need advice. I know I can use house info, but I have a large old house and only use part of it. I also know what I pay monthly, but somparison sites want gas & electric seperately.

Reply to
Jim S

or 27

Also, most imperial meters read in hundreds of ft^3

Reply to
Andy Burns

1m = 3.28 feet, 100 / (3.28 ^3) = 2.83
Reply to
Andy Burns

Presume they bill using a monthly/quarterly average?

Andy Burns

Duh. 3^3 is 27, not 9. Whoops!

Reply to
NY

The last 3 energy companies I have used have the yearly kWh estimates seperate for gas/electric, this info is available from your Bill. The estimates are reasonably accurate and unlikely to alter the kWh pricing.

Reply to
ss

All the various conversions are described here:

John Rumm

I was with Ovo a couple of years back and then they had an estimate on the bill for kWh usage, at that time I found them ok but switched for cheaper fuel costs.

When you leave a utility company they will generally continue to take your dd until the final bill is finalised this can take up to 6 weeks as the readings have to be verified by a 3rd party as dictated by Ofgem. I know it is a pain but you wont pay for the same fuel twice, it does balance out.

Upping the dd payment is normally irrelevent as it is linked to your usage (based on average consumption) it is the overall package that counts ie cost per kWh and daily charge.

Reply to
ss