Controlling a boiler

I have a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar HE Plus (ZWBR 11-35) boiler with the in-built timer. Rather than fit the recommended thermostat which controls the boiler via the electronics (Heatronic), I chose to have a third-party radio thermostat (Draper). Worcester told me to connect it to the terminal block, which I have done. They also told me that the thermostat would not turn off the pump, only the boiler, which is indeed the case. This is getting me down, because I'd like to be able to turn the thermostat down and not have the pump on all the time.

Does anyone know of a way around this? Perhaps linking the thermostat up to the Heatronic control? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul Shortman.

Reply to
Paul Shortman

With some investigation you should be able to find how/where the built in timer switches the boiler+pump on. The put the thermostat in series with the timer.

With this sort of boiler the only lost energy doing things the way they say is on the pump which is not a huge saving although it might save a few quid a year in electricity.

Reply to
Ed Sirett