110v Drills

I received some details this morning relating to a working environment, and the details requested that I supply my own 110v drill. I understand the safety aspects of using such equipment, however I thought that the requirement for 110v equipment had gone away.

Does anyone know what the real situation is?

PoP

PoP

As far as i'm aware you still need to use 110 on site, when & why did you think it had gone away?

Reply to
take away nojunk

I thought I read it on this newsgroup a short time ago. But I'm not sure of that being a fact - I just know I read a throwaway comment somewhere.

PoP

PoP

I believew that those safety circuit breakers are legally acceptable for

240 now but I have never seen an official notification of it anywhere.
Reply to
Michael McNeil

The real situation is that 240v is legally acceptable with suitable protection but it is up to the individual company/site to lay down the rules. 99% of construction sites will supply 110 to the site only so the rules that you abide by to work on that site will be 110v only. If that is what they have in there health and safety plan then that is the rule on that site and no court of law will over rule it.

Reply to
Mike Taylor