Consumer unit fitted, having problems

Not unless the sparks is testing the circuits from his local pub!

Everything was left turned on and the electrician had buggered off home.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Positive. 'That's all done' he said as he was leaving.

I only took the front off the consumer unit to take a look as I was confused as to why it required switching off 2 MCBs to kill the sockets. (I was checking the MCBs because after he had messed about they didn't line up with the stickers he had put on.

Best thing is, after reporting my concerns to the landlord he has contacted the guy and he is adamant that it's safe. He is plainly either incompetent or reckless, or both.

The only thing I can say in his defence is that he knew that what he had done was temporary and that we were very soon wanting to add another circuit for the equipment that was causing the tripping. (I assume that) he assumed that we would call him back in to in to do the extra work and that we would be OK for a few days.

He would have got away with it if he had wired the 2 existing circuits properly to the 2 MCBs, because then I wouldn't have taken the cover off and would have trusted that whatever he had done was at least safe, if not ideal.

I'm not going to say any more about the matter on a public forum for a variety of reasons, thanks for everyone's input.

Reply to
R D S