Making a Theremin

Anyone ever done such a thing?

I have been asked to help build a working one. It only needs to work and it need not produce good audio results.

I had never heard of a Theremin until today....................

I would not normally get involved in such a project but the woman that asked me to help has nice pair of t*ts and I want to play with them.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Obviously never seen Midsomer Murders then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No. I have no TV.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Or heard the Beach Boys..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I have been looking at Theremin technology for another application, reading hand gestures on mobile phones. However my design is based on Cypress one below just using one integrated circuit, a Programmable System on a Chip

Lyndsay Williams

Nice one.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Nice two surely?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, but a long, long time ago I scanned in the design for a valve powered one.

If you like things that glow and aren't afraid of high voltages:

Alan J. Wylie

- it's overwear, but he's definitely conducting!

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

Theremin Kit @ £27.25:

it, it works very well.

Takes a long time to get useful sounds out of them !! Brad

Reply to
Dave

Built it, it works very well.

Jaycar stuff is good and excellent value. Rather like Maplin once was. Many years ago.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A bit more research and I have managed to find

ARWadsworth

Reply to
geoff

get her charged up and measure your rise time eh?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Check out her reactance and monitor her resistance?

Reply to
geoff

Measure her damping factor?

Reply to
John Rumm

Coil her up and check her admittamce....

Reply to
Bob Eager

You'd have to plug her in and turn her on first ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

..in order to measure her reluctance...

Reply to