Completely OT - Joke for Andy Hall

He was on the same show as Jimmy Carr - he introduced him.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I stand corrected.

Made me laugh.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh yes he would. Sainsbury's possesive; ie a supermarket owned by J Sainsbury plc (or whatever the official title might be). If supermarkets plural then it would be Sainsburys. (and for good measure if possesive and plural Sainburys' ) but never Sainsburies

Reply to
djc

Fascinating.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I stopped buying vegetables at our nearest Waitrose (Green Street Green) as they were consistently tired and stale.

Reply to
Si

That's not true of the one we use. what source do you have for your vegetables?

You should try shopping at the Otley branch, it's superb. Even the discounted items are fresh.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Indeed he would. As I noticed when I stopped to use their sort of OK loos in Shrewsbury this evening.

Reply to
Skipweasel

They must catch it from the staff.

Reply to
Skipweasel

pedantic potatoe's and tomatoe's from the market stalls

Reply to
dicegeorge

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" writes

Sorry, what belongs to these potatoes and tomatoes ?

your lack of proper English has me confused

Reply to
geoff

That's a disappointment. I thought that everything was kind of groovy there.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's probably that they don't have the stock turnover but we talked to them and they assured us they'd change but there're only so many spongey spuds and bendy broccoli I'm prepared to eat.

Reply to
Si

Clearly they need to get themselves a little scene....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Huh?

Sorry Andy, I'm lost...

Reply to
Si

Song. Herman's Hermits. Green street green.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

thank-you

Well I never - learn something new every day - Herman's Hermits were into hallucinogenics.

Reply to
Si

Green Street Green is a village near Dartford/Orpington. Last time I went there it was closed..........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Bet they didn't buy those from Waitrose

Reply to
Andy Hall

You can see its High Street here Google doesn't identify it - it's the A223. The map is centred on the Waitrose branch. Btw, the customer-facing staff are polite & helpful, as you'd expect.

Reply to
Si

I grew up not far from there, in Kemsing and then Otford.

Reply to
Skipweasel