Completely OT; I knew I'd get there one day...

The Medway Handyman

right!

Never mind Dave, your ego is bigger than your skills.

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

he only a handy cause he lives round the corner :-)

Reply to
Kevin

I wonder about your motivation for these constant personal attacks and indeed your motivation for posting to this group.

You seem to be confused about the difference between ego & self confidence. Self confidence enabled me to start a business (not a franchise) from scratch in my mid fifties and make it very successful.

You on the other hand, never seem to have acheived anything other than being promoted to 'foreman'. Standard practice in the building game is that you don't promote anyone useful to foreman because you then lose a productive member of the team. You promote the tosser instead. Doesn't matter that he is 'Billy no mates' because no one likes the foreman anyway.

You only ever seem to offer helpful advice when it allows you to to show how clever, knowledgeable & experienced you are. You consistently try to gain importance, when most here consider you to be a complete wanker.

The motivation to help others is clearly missing.

I assume you always wanted your own business but never had the ability or confidence to have a go - or possibly your wife wouldn't let you. Instead you became bitter & jealous of anyone successful - something that shows very clearly in your posts.

Your continued pointless personal attacks simply make you look like a jealous, sad old git and contribute nothing positive to this group.

Grow up, get a life.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Perfect !

Reply to
RW

The old ones are the good ones ....

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Hear, hear!

Reply to
Bob Eager

99.9%

Dave, please don't reply to the bridge dwellers.

Reply to
<me9

Unfortunately, you do have something of a history for attracting persoanl attacks on you.

I think it's sad that several people who *do* have something useful to add to the cumulative knowledge on this group spend so much time energy and bile in pointless attacks on each other.

Reply to
The Wanderer

If the "you can't even get that job right!" refers to the video that doesn't play on the link you gave (I assume it was supposed to do something), then he has a point.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Worked for me as posted without problem - except a few slight stutters as it played.

Reply to
Rod

These people's lives are so empty, the only social interactions they get are to provoke reponses from total strangers on Usenet via unprovoked flames.

Killfile and ignore.

Reply to
Huge

te:

Except he clearly had a val;id point that the video doesn't load within 15s nor when I checked back 12 hours later.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Man at B&Q" saying something like:

I assume you didn't see it then or later - it was a site which takes your text input (name) and displays it on a billboard like a presidential election slogan. That site's been up for a couple of weeks and is probably bandwidth limited, hence the 'check back in twelve hours' notice.

I wouldn't expect T'oppy to get that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Who has no need for subliminal advertising in his signature

Because he never had his own business...

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman