Where can one get..

Those pulleys one used to find on clothes lines ie a pulley and an outer housing with a ring at either end all made of galvanised metal. The modern equivelent seem to be plastic and a bit weedy looking. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Probably at any chandlers, but make sure your wallet is ready for the shock ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yacht chandlers and similar suppliers, like :-

Andrew

£2.69
Reply to
Bob Minchin

House and Home here in Leyburn sell them along with all manner of hardware odds and sods all in little drawers where you can help yourself. Metal casings but plastic pulleys.

I bought one earlier this year for my flagpole!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I have an ancient one here with a forged body. Which has a wood thread screw sticking out of it. To screw directly into a joist. Steel pulleys though, for that authentic sound from childhood.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Something like this?

Plenty of other versions too.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Brian Gaff submitted this idea :

I bought several a few years ago from ebay, to make a fancy clothes line system. All were single pulleys, if that makes a difference to your application?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I was leaning toward this idea for other parts for my put up a short wave aerial project as well, as most rope one finds in the sheds seems to disintegrate in the sun as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Hard for me from amazon or other on line due to not being able to see the pretty pictures of corse. i can do the work myself, its the pictures that give me the issue. maybe one of those nice new cloud based image recognition apps is the answer. Trrouble is my friend has one and it thought the inside of her bedroom was a coal bunker. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Lots of choices ...

single or double pulley

stainless/galvanised/brass body

metal or plastic rollers

diameter of wire/rope

the external diameter of the pulley

whether it has a swivel at neither/one/both ends

Reply to
Andy Burns

Brian,

I'm afraid you do want the yacht chandlers, expensive as it will be. They'll happily sell you stainless steel rope which will laugh at ultraviolet and acid rain, together with any pulleys you might want.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

It's a wonderful shop that is.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Vir Campestris explained on 04/06/2018 :

I managed to buy stainless wire rope, plastic covered. Its plastic covered is better for clothes hanging, if that is what is needed?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Have you come across this app?

BeMyEyes