Completely OT : "Foreign object"

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=tenerife+spain&sll7.0625,-95.677068&sspnE.822921,71.542969&ie=UTF8&om=1&z &ll(.270908,-16.475732&spn=0.003265,0.005912&t=k
It's the Euro tupperware box, where they used to store the cheese mountain
Or maybe a covered reservoir. (115 x 150 metres) . No evidence for either I'm afraid

Its water I reckon. The structure has a truncated trapezoidal shape, and there are pipes running into it. I can't see any 'tide' marks, so don't think it's slurry.
Andy

It's an artifical farm where they grow all the cucubumpers for Marks & Sparks, they also grow tomatoes for M&S but they're the wrong colour.
DG

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=tenerife+spain&sll7.0625,-95.677068&sspnE.822921,71.542969&ie=UTF8&om=1&z &ll(.270908,-16.475732&spn=0.003265,0.005912&t=k
there are about half a dozen similar things, I would assume they are reservoirs covered in algae or grass
On 2007-01-14 22:30:55 +0000, "mrcheerful

(I

Here's a much larger one on the north side, nearer to a larger population centre.
http://tinyurl.com/sv2xn
It does suggest reservoirs.

It's a water reservoir, listed in the maps of Tenerifes Water Authority: http://www.aguastenerife.org/2_planhidrologico/documentacion_grafica/plano29.pdf
In this part of the island many reservoirs are filled from artificial springs done by excavating mine-style horizontal galleries in the mountain. Most probably the canal you see in the lower left brings the water from the mine.
BTW, as Tenerife is a volcanic island you can save a lot of work in pond building using a spare volcano: http://www.flashearth.com/?lat (.3737&lon=-16.833504&z.8&r=0&src=ggl

A "flat" view and terrrain view from Google Earth who don't quite get it as a completely flat bit of water.
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/6485/googleearthmysteryobjecuq5.jpg
Or to see it yourself the kml file for google earth - cut and paste the bits between the ### into a file named anything_you_like.kml and open wth google earth
###
<styleUrl>root://styleMaps#default+nicon=0x307+hicon=0x317</styleUrl> <Point> <coordinates>-16.47711086469302,28.27144465789419,0</coordinates> </Point> </Placemark> </kml>
###

You have it still wrong, this is a real irrigation reservoir, we simply managed to corrupt Google's terrain database for it to appear slanted and misguide investigators.
Our Black Helicopter base is really inside a hollowed out volcano, protected by a Kriptonite Dimensional Portal disguised as water (Kriptonite's green colour is hard to hide but we cleverly blame algae).
http://www.flashearth.com/?lat (.3737&lon=-16.833504&z.8&r=0&src=ggl
Bob Martin wrote:

Using the earth goggle program. It is on a slope below some observatories so it could be radar
--
zaax

Do keep up. We've already ascertained that its a water reservoir and Google Earth shows it as such.

Although it also shows it as sloping from side to side and corner to corner by about 7m.
Bob Martin wrote:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=tenerife+spain&sll7.0625,-95.677068&sspnE.822921,71.542969&ie=UTF8&om=1&z &ll(.270908,-16.475732&spn=0.003265,0.005912&t=k
I can't believe that people are still using google maps. I use www.flashearth.com instead, it has access to google, microsoft, yahoo, ask.com, openlayers and NASA maps. If one doesn't have it you can just flip to one of the others.
Z.

FlashEarth requires Flash Player 7 which isn't available for my OS ...

Rain water collector? Underground storage, evaporation would be excessive. There was/is something similar in Gibraltar, I believe.
I don't know if it's been suggested before, can't be bothered to read all of it.