Turbines to go ...

We'll have to see whether it actually happens!

Reply to
Tim Streater

I thought from the subject line that this was a new type of fast food :-)

Looking at the comments in the article, it seems to be more about getting an out of Court settlement than getting the turbines removed.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

what comments in the article? I cant see any.

"The wind farm owners, Compagnie du Vent, have been given four months to take down the turbines"

seems prettuy unequivocal to me...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How about...

Le Figaro said that lawyers associated with these cases said that they were often resolved amicably out of court. ?I don't know an example in France where a demolition was ordered and followed through,? one lawyer told the paper. - See more at:

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Well of course "often" is not the same as "always". My impression was that the householders, having purchased their dream house, have now had the locality ruined by the turbines and want them removed. An out-of-court settlement in those circumstances would seem unlikely.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Depends whether it is enough to buy an even better dream home somewhere with less wind.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Maybe the French realise that relying on wind power may just possibly cause a shortage of electricity, so the removal of the wind turbines will be no great loss. So far, the UK government remain oblivious.

Ian Jackson

Is it here?

mogga

Reply to