Telephone points - secondary or master

What would happen if you fitted master sockets instead of secondary sockets after the BT master socket?

Reply to
ARW

And the master socket that were delivered instead of the secondary sockets can be modifed into secondary sockets in a few seconds:-)

Reply to
ARW

eventually you add more load than you are allowed on the BT incoming.

You would actually tend to use 'PABX' masters which are masters minus the spark suppression...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If the "you" in question were one of Adam's apprentices acting without orders I doubt any socket would have the capacity to suppress the master spark's actions :)

Reply to
Robin

You've answered your own question, snip the caps.

Remember most, ISPs encourage their customers to put an ADSL microfilter on every socket in the house, and each filter has a bell capacitor coupling to pin 3, so effectively each socket is now a master. Doesn't usually cause REN problems with modern phones.

Not that I ever wire ADSL in that way, a single filter is all you need when done properly.

Reply to
Graham.

Cheers

Care to go into more detail? It's good to learn something new.

Reply to
ARW

It seems to be just me on this site (no apprentices). 21 flats and the communal areas virtually all on my own. And on a Friday afternoon I really am on my own. Every other trade buggers off at 2:30.

Reply to
ARW

On Tuesday 08 October 2013 18:17 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I think Graham means using one of these in place of the master:

Single filter, take the ADSL off via Cat5 cable and the filter deals with all the extension wiring.

Reply to
Tim Watts

POETS

Noticeable on Gridwatch as well, decided lowering in demand Friday afternoons before rising for a peak around 1900. The afternoon dip isn't quite as pronounced Monday to Thursday...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice