Company fined $3m for adware use

joy!

They don't like it up 'em, they don't!

Reply to
EricP

Nothing to do with this group - shame you never used a decent firewall to stop outgoing connections and a HOSTS file to stop popups.

Reply to
Brian

"Keith Smith, CEO of Zango, said: "Early in our business, and as we've acknowledged, we relied too heavily on our affiliates to enforce our consumer notice and consent policies.

"Unfortunately, this allowed deceptive third parties to exploit our system to the detriment of consumers, our advertisers and our publishing partners. We deeply regret and apologize for the resulting negative impact. "

AKA "Honest gov; I didn't know."

It wasn't the " 6.9 billion pop-up ads." that alerted them apparently but a memo form the accounts department when they got the bill from the legal department.

(AKA "money talks".)

Unfortunately all the sods will do is go elsewhere and peddle their trash. I see Sony is still in business. They got away with offering replacement disks for all the damage they did. As if you'd want another disk from bastards like that.

But the buzz died down and people still buy from them. You can see why corrupt idiots can get to the top of anything from politics to big business can't you? In the good old days people like that would either be crowned king or whipped and put in the stocks.

Nothing like a rant in the middle of the night is there?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer