Cokin

I have an old Cokin 67mm sq filter holder. I need to get adapter rings for it but am confused by the Cokin terminology which appears to have changed since when I last used these ( pre digital)

I'm trying to establish which type of adapter rings Ineed

The one adapter ring I have is for 49mm . The overall diameter is 60mm which is dictated by the holder I have.

Can anyone advise what series this relates to ?

Reply to
fred

That would be the 'A' series rather than the larger 'P' series.

I don't think any of my Cokin adapter rings fit any of my newer lenses.

Reply to
Andy Burns

ISTR you could get also adaptors to allow the P and A series frames to be mounted on each others sets of rings... (or possibly to allow an A filter to mount in a P frame)

(with the possibility of the frame intruding into the shot in some cases)

Reply to
John Rumm

Figures associated with filters etc are, IME, the thread diameter.

Reply to
Scott M

Many thanks, re-reading the arcane Cokin website shows me you ae correct. It is the 'A' series filters I need. But which filter rings to allow me mount 52mm and 58mm lens rings?

Any ideas ?

Reply to
fred

I have a 58mm ring for my A holder, let me see if it has a part number - nope it's just marked "Ø 58 FRANCE" where the diameter refers to the thread diameter of the lens not the size of the holder.

Their catalogue implies they now class rings for A series holders as "Size S", Google suggests P/N CA458, so presumably CA452 for the 52mm?

Reply to
Andy Burns