Close coupled bog...

I'm having my first experience of a close coupled cistern/pan, must have escaped them until now.

There's a foam 'doughnut' between the two, I presume i'm fastening the cistern and pan together until that is squashed and the ceramic parts are in contact?

Reply to
R D S

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote in news:zsmdG.1455$% snipped-for-privacy@fx24.am:

There is a spigot on the cistern as well isn't there?

Reply to
John

John <Not.responding.@dotcom> wrote in news:XnsAB8775E0DC82trainJPlantntlworldc@81.171.92.222:

Sorry - perhaps not

Reply to
John

Yes, if you have to change the doughnut you really need a selection. I had to cut one I bought on ebay down to size. The original no longer worked properly after I took the cistern off to change the siphon.

Reply to
Michael Chare

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote in news:UrodG.3729$E% snipped-for-privacy@fx31.am:

Remembered it is the nut that holds the syphon. Acts like a spigot though.

Reply to
John

There *is*, in effect, a spigot created by the threaded part of the syphon which protrudes through the bottom of the cistern. The doughnut fits round that, and is located by it.

The nut on the syphon also retains a metal plate which has a bolt at either end for attaching the cistern to the pan and compressing the doughnut.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Lie wise. The one supplied with the syphon had to be cut, as indeed the original had been.

Reply to
bert