Chipped ceramic hob! Advice please...

Somehow (and it's a long story), our glass topped stove has a small "flake" missing from the surface. A shard of glass - about 5mm x 5mm x 1mm deep (max) has broken off.

I can't see any cracking, but was wondering if the hob is still safe to use (and it certainly seems to work OK), or should I be contacting my house insurance....

Cheers

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sithers

safe to use until water seeps through the cracks.

i.e. a lot more damaged than that...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

will be orrible to keep clean though (even worse than usual)

If not in a heated area, a car windscreen repair kit might fix it

Reply to
Tim Mitchell