Chipped ceramic hob! Advice please...

Somehow (and it's a long story), our glass topped stove has a small "flake" missing from the surface. A shard of glass - about 5mm x 5mm x 1mm deep (max) has broken off.
I can't see any cracking, but was wondering if the hob is still safe to use (and it certainly seems to work OK), or should I be contacting my house insurance....
Cheers
Andy
Andy Sithers wrote:

safe to use until water seeps through the cracks.
i.e. a lot more damaged than that...

will be orrible to keep clean though (even worse than usual)
If not in a heated area, a car windscreen repair kit might fix it
--
Tim Mitchell