chimney for gas fire

I was asking a bit back about flueless gas fires, and have gone off this idea.

I need to move my gas fire as it won't fit my new planned room layout. The problem is I won't be able to utilise the existing chimney. This is a column of hollow bricks running up the cavity wall.

I've looked at options for balanced flue fires just going straight through the wall, but haven't found one I like.

Would it be allowed to run a conventional gas fire through a hole in the wall and up an outside stack? If so how high would the stack have to be and how far away from other objects, windows etc?

Reply to
andyv

I think so, but you will need an expensive (think about a grand) double insulated stainless flue.

I THINK that the flue has to be a meter or so above any window, and any locally potentially combustible material.

But that is a crude representation of the regulations. - suggest you google them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yikes!

I gave one of those away a few years ago!

I wish i'd gotten into ebay sooner.

Reply to
zikkimalambo

Thanks. I'm gradually coming round to the idea that my planned new layout will have to make some compromises. Mrs V may not agree.

Reply to
andyv