cheap paint

I'm finally getting to the point where I'm ready to decorate downstairs, have several newly built plasterboard walls and other walls that have had plaster patched in places, some to be painted, others to be papered, so was looking for any old matt to use as a piss-coat.

Didn't turn up much at particularly low prices, until I stumbled on b&m bargains ... I'd never set foot in the place, but popped in yesterday on way home and sure enough 2.5L cans of Crown emulsion for £4 each, not the world's largest or most popular range of colours (though there were a couple I might have chosen) but hey ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Was going to post a similar one the other week, so I'll add it here: Had much new plaster and wanted a mist coat so was going to pick up some B&Q Value which is a) crap but b) cheap. Instead noticed Screwfix were doing

10l of non-vinyl matt for £10. Code 82454, "Vectra Basics" and it gets good reviews.

It's excellent. One coat applied by zealous teeager on a 3 week dry, skim-on-board wall was actually very nearly good enough to be left as a finished surface. Some walls got a 2nd coat of the matt, some a second coat of vinyl, job done.

Reply to
Scott M

The Wickes value white matt gets some appalling reviews in terms of covering power

b&m website has 10 litres of Crown matt white listed for £3, the store I visited had none, but I've made a mental note to pop-in to any others I'm passing ...

Reply to
Andy Burns