Charging mobile phone

Umm -- being thick here, sorry: everyone's assuming that the phone will not work when plugged into its charger. Is that so?

I mean: I recently changed my phone for the same reasons: my phone worked ok when plugged in, so I transferred all data (not much!) to the SIM, then swopped the SIM out to the new phone, transferred all data to that phone, then swopped the new SIM back in. (Advice to do this is in my new phone's instructions booklet.)

...But I guess your phone's not working when plugged in...

John

Reply to
Another John

Am I the only person in Britain who has *all* the stuff on his mobile phones backed up onto a computer in a readily recoverable format?

Reply to
John Williamson

John, I'd *definitely* do that if my working (not to mention my social) life involved a mobile phone more, but happily I've escaped that scenario. :-D

John

Reply to
Another John

Oh yes they are.

Whether the phone takes any notice is another matter

Reply to
tim....

The phone is a Samsung. I bought another one so I had the same charger but this one has a different battery. The contact list is on the phone hence my need to get it to wor again

Reply to
Zen83237

Not now. The connection was a bit iffy for a week. Lay the phone down in not quite the right position it would stop charging then I would have to hold the plug in tight but now nothing. I will try and find somebody with a phone with same battery the get the contact list off of it but Samsungs don't seem that common.

Reply to
Zen83237

If it's a common phone, there is a good chance they might have battery to fit it lieing about., Thee same battery gets used in lots of different models

Reply to
chris French

In article , Zen83237 writes

Sorry, haven't had a Samsung in a while so no recent experience but just in case, the toothbrush and alcohol trick wouldn't be a bad idea but won't help if it's a dodgy internal joint rather than a dirty external connection. On the Sony Ericssons, apparently clean looking gold contacts will not make a good charging contact and require occasional cleaning.

Yep, totally understand. As another has suggested, a local unbranded phone repair/spares shop may be your best bet, they will likely have fully charged batts or other means of applying power and removing your contacts. I have a tame one near me who is an absolute star but your experience may vary, worth dropping in to chat face to face.

In your place I'd charge the battery on the bench but I understand that is not for everyone.

Reply to
fred