Changing .jpg file attributes

Seems that for the first five days of my house refurb I was taking photos with the camera date set wrong - each day is in a separate folder so I know what the dates should be. How can I edit the file properties (Win7) to get them to list in chronological order? If I right click and get to properties I can change the 'date taken' but Win 7 ignores that and uses the 'date modified' which changes to the current date!!!

(Builder wants a portfolio set all in one folder that can play as a film show obviously in date order)

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Can you "sort" the pictures by by clicking the "date taken" column tab at the top of the folder?

Sounds like your folder's default is to sort them by "date modified" instead.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

You want an Exif editor to tweak the metadata in the JPG presume Exif files. Someone recommended Exiftool bit of a sledgehammer on a walnut

> (Builder wants a portfolio set all in one folder that can play as a film

Reply to
Martin Brown

The Natural Philosopher

This maybe?

Reply to
stuart noble

Download "EXIFTool" and "EXIFtoolGUI"...

One does the setting of the dates and things, but is a command-line tool, the other is the graphcal frontend.

If you can figure out how the date&time were set wrong -- it has a "date and time shift" function that adds or subtracts a given amount of time from the time noted in the EXIF inforamation (for example, went to a different time zone and didn't adjust the camera).

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

In Win7 click on a jpg file and a box (bottom left) invites you to change the "date taken".

Reply to
stuart noble