Changeover switch for backup generator?

Following the recent (long) thread, can anyone recommend suppliers of changeover switches? From a quick google, 100A jobs in enclosures seem to be £200 plus although I did find a "bare" one for £85 which would presumably be OK in a proper box?

Reply to
OldScrawn

In article , OldScrawn writes

RS components do/did one which may not have been 100 amps with an enclosure, about 60 quid IIRC, but is it "essential" to have it 100 amp rated?....

Reply to
tony sayer

Although not answering your question, I have the one at the top if this page

inc VAT and delivery)

It is very important there are three (Double pole) positions on the switch, Mains, off and generator. This is because, switching from two {unsynchronised} mains sources is not a good idea (You risk damaging connected equipment)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

exactly like the £80 job that I just bought from Toolstation. It seems to work OK.

Reply to
OldScrawn