Cats - how to get rid if them

I'm sure you know that it's not the same cat ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Actually I have two but don't restrict them or need to do so because they don't go wandering outside our garden anyway.

It's called free choice.

they go in my own garden and fastidiously bury whatever they produce.

Nope. They have always been dissuaded from that and don't even try it any longer.

You keep small rodents?

A great deal. One example is that people who keep pets tend to live longer.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

All you need is a nail.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

My mains powered unit is a Pestban "Ultrasonic Animal Chaser". It has

3 frequencies and is probably the one that you were looking at - I've seen it in several shops. The battery version is called a "Cat and Dog Repeller" and takes 2 9v batteries. Not very imaginative names, but they do work! Cheers, Steve
Reply to
Steve Wilson

Mummy, Mummy, why am I walking round in circles?

Shuttup or I'll nail your other foot to the floor.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

All together.... OH, NO I DON'T!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Steve, this might sound like a dumb question, but what kind of shops?

I rarely go shopping ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, your posts - and only your posts - have a paper clip at the side and I get the message that: "OE removed access to the following unsafe ttachments in your mail: a new life...dump Windows!.dat"

What's that all about?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher wrote

It looks to me like part of signature with a correctly formatted signature separator.

Perhaps your news software is broken?

Reply to
Alan

I expect you're using Outlook Express. It's very broken.

Reply to
Huge

Outlook Express. Hideously broken. Get a proper newsreader that understands that every line beginning "begin " is not actually an attachment.

Reply to
Huge

I have a perfectly valid signature, which OE chooses (incorrectly) to recognise as an attachment. In essence, OE is broken.

Attachments may be encoded using the ancient (but valid) 'uuencode' system. A uuencoded file starts with a line commencing with the word 'begin', followed by a space, three octal digits and a filename. Following lines have a rigid format and are terminated by a line cinsisting of the word 'end'.

OE jumps to the conclusion that ANY line starting with the word 'begin' introduces an attachment, even if NONE of the other criteria are met.

Reply to
Bob Eager

understands

Don't be daft. It only happens with one poster.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wrong.

There is no attachment to this email.

begin to understand.

Reply to
Huge

And there wsn't one indicated. It's only with Bob Eager's, as I said before.

Ditto.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They are both quite right, Mary.

Outlook Express is broken.

Microsoft admits it and offers workarounds rather than fixing the bug.

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Dunno. This is a Microsoft free house. I don't giving lying convicted monopolists money in exchange for garbage.

Reply to
Huge

So should it be:

Reply to
sylva

[27 lines snipped]

Nonetheless, I'm right. I got the formatting a tad wrong. Since I won't have Gates's festering garbage in the house, I was doing it from memory.

Reply to
Huge

It only happens with the one poster who feels he is making a point in that OE is borked by using the begin bug. NOTE :- I in no way condone MS's laziness in not sorting this known bug but do feel it is out of order to deliberately use a known fault to influence peoples choice of newsreader. BTW I have used Nowortya ,Agent and Mozilla news in windows and xnews in Linux and yet (despite its faults) I keep coming back to OE. I do however have it set to only receive plain text and I NEVER open attachments.

Reply to
Soup