cars ta ta

Doesn't everyone get on the trams? :O) <caresses NEC with "Edinburgh" written on it >

I had to put up with them building the lBoody thing,

..and it cost a fortune and it was supposed to be a network, 1 (ONE) lBoody line

Reply to
soup

We spent trillions on pointless useless renewable energy

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Frankly I have been avoiding cities at all cost anyway. If they dont want business from shoppers or theatre goers or sightseers and want to become safe spaces for vegans and baristas on bicycles, they are welcome to. Just so long as the power stations in the country don't supply them with any cheap electricity, and they have to pay treble for a handyman. Wouldn't it be a laugh if e.g. Lincolnshire slapped a tax on all windmill power, going to London, because its is so environmentally destructive

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Be a friggin disaster if it cost you even more than it already does

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As the oceans heat up, they outgass more CO2, It has happened many times in the past.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But fortunately, it's not a positive feedback system, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

There is no hockey stick.

Reply to
Joe

After August Heathrow is in the ULEZ - there's an exception for the M4 up to J3, but you can only turn around and come out again, all the slips take you into the zone:

Theo

I do not and will not live in a tower block of any description.

I note that they insist that we know the CO2 concentration did not exceed

300ppm over some historical period, by examining ait bubbles in ice. Anyone know if CO2 dissolves in ice and whether that might invalidate such measurements?
Reply to
Tim Streater

Like most things, Electric cars do not run on thin air. That electricity has to come from somewhere, after all. I think for urban use then Electrics are fine, but trying to make them long distance is never going to work. Besides they have demonstrated that with some modifications all internal combustion engines can be made less polluting and hence more efficient. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well yes, the most efficient way to progress, is by not scrapping millions of perfectly good cars and to supply and convert them to run on hydrogen. There is still nitrogen that will be consumed and exhausted into the air, but without the particulates and CO2 of diesel and petrol exhaust.

Reply to
phister

I am pleased I moved out of Hounslow in 1969 when it started to fill up.

Reply to
phister

Its all a con anyway.

Reply to
phister

+1
Reply to
phister

No, not a ULEV, a petrol self-charging hybrid SUV.

Why is that?

Because I don't want a plug-in electric one.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

Mr Kahn has bought a whole fleet of electric mustangs for the London ambulance service to use as 'first responders'.

London council taxpayers have deep pockets :-)

Reply to
Andrew

They're dying now because of congestion, and some people are literally dying on account of all the pollution.

Reply to
Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Ditto pointless useless home computers, tablets and mobile phones. But look at all the buinesses and jobs that have been created as a result.

In the 1911 census common rural occupations for men were farm labourers, blacksmiths, wheelwrights and sellers of lamp oil, while women were in service.

In the cities people worked in factories.

Reply to
Andrew

I didn't say ULEV, I said ULV. Which stands for Unecessarily Large Vehicle.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The idea is that global heating is coming from long term variations in sun activity and from the random movement and distribution of magma within the earth's core, due to plate techtonics. This cyclic event has been occuring for millenia

Positive feedback will cause control to run away, negative feedback will stabilise around a mean over time.

.
Reply to
jon_t