To net or not to net??

Hi

I have a 3 plot rotation going in my garden. 1 roots, 1 brassica and 1 legumes. I have always had each bed completely protected by netting. However, I have just thought that having my peas, beans and chilies protected by netting might prevent them from producing a crop because insects will not be able to pollinate the flowers. Please could you confirm this, and which insects pollinate what plants and so I can see if my netting is too small.

I guess it doesn't matter at all with the roots and brassicas does it?

Thanks.

Reply to
anthony123hopki

Only complete netting I see around here is to protect berries. I use netting in a few areas for deer but openings are big enough for insects.

Reply to
Frank

This will tell you.

why do you net all your plots?