Car seat adjustments

There are a lot of drivers around who don't know that the seat is adjustable for height!

Reply to
John

That's deep and profound.

You mean they are average height and don't need to tweak, or they are thick Brexit knuckledraggers that cant read the vehicles manual.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

You mean little old ladies who look through the steering wheel rather than over it?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Some are not

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I wish they weren't!

With that and all the steering wheel permutations I can never decide if i'm happy.

Reply to
R D S

yip I hate things with adjustment for that reason ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Mine has seat position memory, great on a long drive, I can just press a button and it moves to a slightly different position, to help ease back stiffness.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Our car has a memory linked to the key used. My wife and I have different keys, and the car adjusts automatically to suit whichever of us is driving. That's really useful as we share the car.

Reply to
GB

It happens that GB formulated :

So does mine, except I only use the one key and I'm the only driver.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Me roo. It's a car, not a surgical garment.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Most are if only by virtue of the runners for the fore/aft seat position are not parallel to the ground but slope up a bit towards the front.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Only I drive my car, so I can get it set as needed and leave it, only needing to re-adjust after an MOT or similar.

I only drive my wife's car short distances, so I can put up with just adjusting the seat fore and aft position and the mirrors.

When my eldest son starts driving, I am sure that I will really be wishing that I had a car with recall of the set positions. Even more so when my other two sons start as well!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Not all are. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I often feel sorry for those of a shorter stature as often even with the height adjusted its then all wrong for the pedals, and tall people who have the opposite issue and also bash their head on the very sloping windscreen in modern cars. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Brian Gaff" snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in news:qlkum8$684$1@dont- email.me:

Brian - if the ones I have seen were not ajustable there is no way they would have been made to be so low! I am refering to modern cars and so many are now - but I guess some 2nd drivers havn't found the controls.

Reply to
John

But does she leave hand-moisteriser cream all over the steering wheel and controls ?.

And sweet wrappers on the passenger seat ? (or is that you)

Reply to
Andrew

I've heard what happens when you borrow your wife's key... and it winds you into the wheel!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

just found out have you?....some aren't ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

luxury ,,,,my '66 mustang seat didn't even recline....come to think of it neither did my '63 mini nor my '62 sunbeam alpine ....pampered these days....tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...