Car leasing rant.

The last three cars I have leased I was able to digitally sign the finance agreement. With this latest mob (VW Finance) they want me to print the form out, fill it in with pen and send it to them by special delivery.

I will send the filled in PDF form one more time by email and if they refuse to accept it, they can shove the ordered car, when delivered.

Reply to
Smolley

I haven't had that with VWFS, I've always just applied the same 25 year old bitmap of my signature, and emailed it to my broker.

If I did have to print, sign, and post it though, it wouldn't bother me much. Not sure why Special D comes into it though, are you up against a deadline?

Reply to
Graham.

I never thought it made sense to lease. Many cars stay reliable for many years now.

Reply to
Animal

No, the car will not be delivered to the dealer until March.

Reply to
Smolley

Do you not think that this is some kind of anti fraud function? Anyone can cut and paste a signature into a document, but not everyone is a good enough forger to be able to do it live, so to speak. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

But does the company receiving your hand signed document through the post have a reference signature to compare it with? If not it's not much of an anti-fraud measure.

Reply to
alan_m

I agree with VW Finance, from a security point of view. Posting it is what we always used to do anyway, there is no need to be lazy.

Reply to
Davey

Leasing can be better for some people, allowing an automatic upgrade every few years, with the car always in warranty. I leased a car when I knew I would be leaving the country after three years, so it made sense. YVMD.

Reply to
Davey

that's nothing you can't now get out of Sainsburys diy till area without a receipt....so much for saving paper

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

just for idiots who want an audi

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Its all cobblers really, like lawyers using faxes instead of emails.

You can forge paper as easily as an email or a fax.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

But they have no other signature to compare it with, so its all a waste of time.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Except these days there is no guarantee that anything you put in the post will be delivered in a timely manner.

Reply to
alan_m

Oddly enough Id say the post has never been better. Especially signed for stuff.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

More fool you when they have nothing to compare the signature on the paper with.

And then we got real radical and invented the internet.

There is no need for fart around with printing, signing and posting it.

I don't even have a printer anymore.

Reply to
farter

I think there is an issue with the condition of the car when you return it to the leaser though isn't there? If it's not 'perfect' it can cost you quite a lot.

Reply to
Chris Green

This is a sidetrack, BUT ... I have never understood how leasing or PCP can be financially sensible and would be grateful if someone can explain it from the view of the punter. To be simple: if someone has, or can raise, the cash then why would they consider PCP or lease deals?

Reply to
nothanks

Leasing isn't sensible, and businesess offer it. There's nothing random about that connection.

Reply to
Animal

Not a problem in my case, I looked after the car. Small dents are allowed if they are within certain fair criteria.

Reply to
Davey

The financial company can buy the vehicle for a much better price that you can, as an individual.

Reply to
mechanic