Car door handles etc

I read somewhere that black shoe polish will make the door handles and any plastic trim on Mrs Pounder's automobile black again. They are going a bit pale. I have tried that Back To Black and it don't seem to work very well. Any opinions?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I thought that you did not like blacks?

Reply to
ARW

You are correct. Any more constructive comments Adam?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Liquid black shoe polish was recently recommended on the car maintenance group, as being far more effective than Back to Black, which I have used and found pretty useless. Not tried the polish yet though.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Taa. I'll see if the corner shop has any. If Mrs Pounder gets this all over her hands it will mean the end of me.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Don't go into the paki corner shop and ask for black polish.....

Reply to
Major Scott

You want to polish a MICRA?!?!?

Reply to
Major Scott

Mrs Pounder's car is now gleaming. It could be a hasard to other road users due to dazzling them.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Until you use it once, OUTSIDE, and lo and behold, it gets dirty again.

Reply to
Major Scott

I suspect that the shoe polish would come off on Mrs Pounder's hands and clothes.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

I have a tin of the solid shoe polish. The big day is tomorrow. Could be best I try a door mirror first.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It does but doesn't last long and gets on your hands. Also on tyres and bumpers.

Black paint?

Reply to
harry

I read somewhere that black shoe polish will make the door handles and any plastic trim on Mrs Pounder's automobile black again. They are going a bit pale. I have tried that Back To Black and it don't seem to work very well. Any opinions?

Don't fart around with amateur ideas do the bloody job properly and get the brownie points too

Ebay 251238614394

Reply to
Nthkentman

blackie points, surely?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'd have thought that would just make your hand black. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

blackie points, surely?

One woz being PC weren't one but yeah... Go for the blackie and score 20 points

Reply to
Nthkentman

It has actually worked very well. Thanks to all that replied.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Beleive it or not, peanut butter works quite well and doesn't mess up you hands etc

Reply to
Billy Gamble

The shoe polish has worked well. I'm very pleased. But thanks anyway.

Reply to
Mr Pounder