Measuring corrugated roof ?

When measuring requirements for a corrugated roof if the sheet profile is say 3 inches does that mean when laying (side by side) that I would lose 3 inches off the width of each panel for overlap purposes. So if I had 3 panels each say 3 feet wide that would create a roof 8`6" wide? (only 2 would overlap)

Reply to
ss

You would normally want to overlap by two profiles, so you'd lose 6" on each overlap.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Depends on the pitch(steepness). Two if it's shallow.

Reply to
harry

Its a mono pitch type roof (like a lean to type) so the overlaps would be on the width of the roof. One sheet (length) will cover the slope of the roof in one go so the only joins will be on the width of the sheets. Its an small extension for my shed to create a `dry` area to work in when there is light rain. It wont have any sides to it, just the roof, a bit like a carport.

Reply to
ss