Can anyone tell me why this isnt complete bollocks

Only a few posts ago TNP was saying it was impossible, now he has become an expert on it. Mind you he is only regurgitating what has been said in the thread.

Reply to
dennis

I already have.

Reply to
dennis

TNP still doesn't understand it even though it has been explained in simple terms.

Like the bit where I said once the car has been started it won't turn off for safety reasons. Just think of what would happen if the key stopped responding while you were driving in the fast lane.

Shame the idiot doesn't read what I post so he does understand.

Reply to
dennis

Or just make a key.

Reply to
dennis

What I found equally surprising was how effective the heater was with the top down. Driving on a cold morning was a delight.

I'm fighting the urge to replace the MX5 ;-)

Reply to
Brian Reay

What part of what I have said on the point so far makes you think I 'don't understand'?

What I have said is that I prefer to control such things myself, suggesting I have a good idea when I might want to lock all the doors or not.

What I don't want is having all the doors lock themselves automatically every time I pull away.

This is all ignoring the fact that my/wife's/girlfriends handbag or any other valuable wouldn't be on the seat in the first place.

How do *you* cope when you are stationary and your/your wife/girlfriend gets out and leaves their handbag on the seat and the doors don't all lock for you?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yet to find someone who can read wireless data with mark 1 eyeballs, no matter how close they are.

Reply to
Richard

Which brings us back to the original point - not driving with the windows open...

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's real decadence. Having the hood down in this weather and running the AC full belt on your face. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's much easier just to plug in to the usb port under the front wing - at least on some high spec cars.

Reply to
bert

A USB port exposed to the elements? Good luck with that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think at these RF frequencies all the current flows in a very thin layer of the conductor so foil thickness should not be an issue.

Reply to
Robert

He is a left brainer so 1) doesn't trust you so won't listen to you and 2) hasn't worked out all the details for himself yet so won't 'believe' any of it from anyone.

But he came up with a list of scenarios when a vehicle might equally stop suddenly, completely (as predicted for a left brainer), missing the point of there being a subtle difference between a 'fault' and a vehicle predictably just coming to a halt because of a security issue.

When the Meriva was playing up (bad connections in the ECU) it would often not start when warm because it wouldn't de immobilise itself. Once started it didn't ever de-immobilise itself, even though it went though the same range of 'warm' temperatures.

He can't, that would require an imagination. ;-)

Even if he did, he wouldn't accept it from anyone other than his own goblins (remember the TPMS thread)?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. For 'left brainer' substitute whatever personal characteristic that you like that means people react very / stereotypically different and in predictable ways. ;-)

Reply to
T i m

You can certainly buy IP68 mini and micro USB ports.

I have also seen industrial versions of the full sized ones with screw caps and screw fitting plugs, that probably also have a high IP rating.

Why you would want a USB port under the wing is a different matter.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Don't you have a back-up eye?

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Who said it was exposed?

Reply to
bert

No. That's the problem. I just have the one.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I suppose if the fob was purely passive inductive that bit wouldn't be a problem then?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Unless you put it next to a rfid blocking wallet, or the keys move into the wrong place and mask the signal, or the handbag falls over and the seat frame blocks the signal or ...

All of which could affect the one with batteries too.

Reply to
dennis