shower mixer

what would the effects be if a shower mixer had the hot and cold were connected up the wrong way around ? ...

Reply to
Trailer trash ...

If it's non-thermostatic, no problem, except potentially scalding for the user.

A thermostatic valve won't work. I stand to be corrected on that, as some may have an adjustment that can be made, but all the ones I have seen specify hot on the left. If it's a bar valve, externally mounted, you may be able to bodge it by installing it upside down.

Reply to
GB

thanks I bought this static caravan and it had just been connected up after being drained for the winter........we only get very hot water when it is turned right down if we turn it up all we get is cold....just as well there is a bath as well .......have to try swopping the hot and cold ......

Reply to
Trailer trash ...

Indeed some Mira thermostatic valves can have the internals re-jigged to reverse the H/C vs L/R inlet arrangement.

Reply to
Andy Burns

On a non thermostatic mixer, it will work, but the temperature control will be reversed. A thermostatic one won't work, however some allow the cartridge to be reversed to fix the problem.

Some however can't be reversed.

Reply to
John Rumm

Any idea which valve it is?

Can you touch the inlet pipes? If so, which one gets hot?

Reply to
GB

Is it an electrically heated shower?

Reply to
Peter Parry

I'd have thought that was hardly a question that needed answering and indeed might be seen as a troll post.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff