Buying new oven

there is and they are.

Reply to
tabbypurr

The grill won't turn on with the door open on either of mine.

Reply to
dennis

The actual reality is that well designed electronic control will outlast mechanical controls on an oven.

That does not mean that there aren't some shit electronic and shit mechanical ones out there.

Reply to
dennis

Go on then tell us which electronic parts are less reliable than the mechanical equivalent and why they must be?

Reply to
dennis

What sample size to you base this on? Or just one of those things your gut tells you?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It has on mine. And is far nicer to use than a mechanical type.

Perhaps Mr Purr has mechanics on his boiler too?

You do sometimes get what you pay for.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My career, so quite a large sample size.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Try sci.electronics.basics if you want to learn about it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Odd, since the evidence is that properly designed electronic things are more reliable than mechanical.

Which is why we no longer use carburettors, distributors, cpntact breakers...and even carbon brushes in many motors.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You try it. You obviously don't know.

Reply to