Built-in Kitchen applinace apertures

Guys, Are these apertures a standard size ,recognised by all leading manufacturers? For example, I want to get a built in Siemens Double oven and a 30/70 split built in fridge freezer. Would the apertures in my new kitchen I am going to put in match this (I have bought a tower oven and a 30/70 fridge tower of course !!) i.e. a double oven is a double oven no matter who it's made by? I would think this is the case or else it would be mayhem, but thought it wise to check !!

Any comments guys?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Kaiser Sose

I should add that its the height that I am concerned about.I know they are all 600mm wide !! Cheers, S

Reply to
Kaiser Sose

I bought a 600mm oven housing unit thinking they were all standard only to find the double oven was 600mm wide and wouldn't fit.

John

Reply to
jks

Well I was about to say yes, they are standard; that's the whole point, but...

That really surprises me. Was the oven definitely intended to fit inside a housing, and not a freestanding one? That would account for the issue. Certainly a built-in oven shouldn't be 600mm wide (apart from the front fascia).

David

Reply to
Lobster

Having just installed a double oven - I found the oven height was not an isssue - a matching "drawer front"was supplied with the carcass to cut down to fill the gap between the top of the oven and the top door. What was annoying was assembling the oven housing, carefully fixing the back ensuring it was "square", cutting hole for cable, wiring the lot up etc. to find the Neff oven was too deep for the assembled unit. The unit was 520mm to the hardboard back and the oven required 550mm. What valuable tool is a Fein Multimaster! and I presume the required 550mm is why Ikea cabinets don't have false backs.

(Anyone looking for a Neff oven? the first one was dropped at delivery resulting in a slight distortion in the case at the back. I expected a protracted "we need to inspect" etc. when I'd have been happy with £100 off. But no a new one was delivered but the carriers refused to take the first one away! - Quick Google shows Price Range: £1,249.00 - £1,335.00.)

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

"> >> I should add that its the height that I am concerned about.I know they

Designed to be built under, I'd say, and not freestanding. It fits exactly between the plinth and the counter top. Since it was between 2 units building a shelf for it to stand on wasn't a problem.

John

Reply to
jks

Ah, OK. But as you say, that's built-under rather than built-in which is what the OP was on about. What's with the plinth thing though? I thought all built-under appliances stood on the floor...!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Most built-under are shorter than the one I bought and have a bezel at the the front to drop in to a 600mm housing.

John

Reply to
jks