Built-in fridge-freezer wiring

Hi, I'm currently wiring my kitchen from scratch, but need a bit of advice.

The built-in fridge freezer manual states that the plug must always be easily accessible so that it can be unplugged. I have a brick wall on the right of the fridge, and a cabinet on the left.

What is the best way to provide a socket, but also have access to the plug? Would I be able to access it underneath the fridge enclosure?

Reply to
mkkbb

I usually put it on the wall at the back of the adjacent cupboard. Drill a hole through between the cupboards at the back at a convenient height for the plug and cable to pass to the fridge/freezer and another in the cupboard back to access the socket.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks Andrew, i'll probably end up doing that then. Cheers.

Reply to
mkkbb

On 7 Aug 2006 13:04:29 -0700 someone who may be "mkkbb" wrote this:-

So what?

Personally I would wire it into a suitable cord outlet, with a switch and fuse in an accessible location.

Reply to
David Hansen