Built-in freezer.

I am moving to a new home. The interior needs a complete overhaul. We already have a good freezer and would like to take it with us but do not want it to stick out like a sore thumb. Can it be faced with a front panel matching the new kitchen units?

Reply to
pinnerite

Generally you have to buy "integrated" versions of appliances, if you want to fit doors matching the kitchen to them.

Reply to
Andy Burns

but, you could use "stickly backed plastic" - to quote Blue Peter

Reply to
charles

Or buy a factory-made one in sickly colours from Smug.

Reply to
Andrew

I thought it was smeg ?

Reply to
jon

If it has a flat front and its not to deep, yes. You may have issues with hinges and the door opening and jamming agianst a nexct door unit at the hinge side

Otherwise ebay or gumtree it

And buy a builtin...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

..unless you are prepared to DIY...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Car body filler!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Intentional typo :-)

Reply to
Andrew

In a literal new house, we chose to retain our free-standing fridge and freezer. Two gaps were left, with sockets fitted, ready.

I don't feel there would be any advantage in having integrated appliances. And detest many of the poor quality integrated appliances new home builders tend to fit.

For complex reasons, we got a new freezer and it took a few minutes to replace the original 13A socket with a Schuko socket. Avoiding the need to use the supplied Shhuko-to-13A adaptor - which made the freezer stick out!

Our kitchen layout does mean the fridge and freezer are not visible as you enter or walk through the kitchen. Only when you go round to the working area.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

There's no reason why not as long as you don't block the circulating airflow to the compressor/condenser.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

Firstly, it might not survive the move. So many times I hear that the fridge or freezer never managed to work correctly after a period of being off and moved. I can only guess at reasons. Maybe some damage during the move, or perhaps there was an almost leaking seal and the gas got out. However, assuming it does survive, you need to be sure there is a way for the heat to be dissipated, Then it really depends on the door, whether you can do anything. I have seen the same fridge being sold some time back with custom doors or a way to fit skins on the normal ones. What you don't want to be doing is drilling holes in any part of a freezer. Also remember the door hinge line will not be at the same point as other cupboards, and hence making it open without either having a gap or it fouling the unit can be difficult to do, and might look like a bodge. Just saying. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Quite frequently they get turned on too soon after moving. Give them 2 days rest befroe poeringb up.

Reply to
charles

I have slightly wider worktop which has the dish washer / tumble dryer & wash machine underneath, with the depth of the appliances I have approx

6 inches spare when the appliances are in situ. I then have matching unit doors to hide them, so it looks like the rest of the kitchen units.
Reply to
ss