Replacement freezer - very slimline

Hi,

I need to replace a built in freezer which is only 45cm wide. Does anyone know how I could locate a replacement? I have tried Google searches with no success. The one being replaced has a BLANCO logo on the drawers but Blanco do not now seem to manufacture freezers. I need a supplier in the UK. Thanks for any help or advice. Phil.

Reply to
Phil Pickard

Have you tried the various shopping comparison sites - Kelkoo, Pricerunner etc? Certainly some of them let you search for appliances by all sorts of criteria, including width - much more serfistakated than googling.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. I've been trying everywhere I could think of, including those you mention, for several months.

Phil.

Reply to
Phil Pickard

We recently had a similar problem - but luckily had 50 cm to play with. As I looked around, I realised that with the energy efficiency enhancements has come a reduced capacity. I'd guess that the space left after allowing for the insulation on a 45 cm A-rated model would probably be insufficient to make it worth manufacturing.

Surprisingly, the best range of freezer sizes seemed to be at Comet.

We ended up with a Miele partly because of the slightly greater capacity than many other 50 cm models.

Not very helpful if you only have enough space for a 45 cm model....

Reply to
Rod

Thanks for your reply, The original 45cm width freezer worked fine for ten years or so. I wish I had 50cm to work with! Phil.

Reply to
Phil Pickard

Thinking laterally, what are the constraints on the width of the freezer; ie what is either side of it?

David

Reply to
Lobster

A corner cabinet with rotating shelves on one side and a washing machine on the other. I think I'm going to have to make a big change somewhere else in the kitchen - probably losing a 50cm wide full height builtin cupboard with a freezer - but I will lose a lot of storage space.

Phil.

Reply to
Phil Pickard

David, P.S. to that:- Is it OK to fit a Freezer under a Hob? The hob does not petrude below the worktop but I would be concerned about the heat downward from the hob.

Phil.

"Phil Pickard" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk...

Reply to
Phil Pickard

I would think it's OK in principle, but definitely subject to specific instructions on clearances from the manufacturers of said hob and freezer.

Probably not best practice though, like positioning a freezer or fridge next to an oven, as even if it's 'safe' to do so, the freezer is going to end up having to work harder to maintain its temperature if its fighting against the heat belched out by the oven.

David

Reply to
Lobster