Building regs re: front door size.

Can anyone tell me what the building regulations specifry regarding the minimum size for a front door of a flat opening onto a communal hallway? Has this regulation changed in the past few years?
Many thanks,
Carl J.
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:45:20 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named snipped-for-privacy@loaaol.com (Carl J.) randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

The requirements for access for disabled people were extended to dwellinghouses and flats in (IIRC) 1999. This includes the minimum clear opening width of doors to new buildings. It doesn't apply to extensions, changes of use or alterations, and it isn't retrospective.
--
Hugo Nebula

Thank you for the reply. Does this mean a 26"-wide front door on a flat conversion (installed in 1994) is OK?
Thanks, Carl J

If you choose your furniture carefully, yes <g>

I didn't realise that building regs now covered choice of furniture! <g>
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Yes.
--
Hugo Nebula

Thank you for your kind help. I owe you one!
Carl J