BS 1363 plugs

Tim Watts wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@squidward.dionic.net:

Do you remember "Nettle" plugtops. I used to like them (perhaps at a time when MK were still making the rather squared shaped ones. The Nettle had a slot so that you could see the colour of the fuse.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Hmmm, I have a Diall branded mousetrap bought from B&Q before Christmas.

When I purchased it, I thought the brand name was just a claim of efficiency of the product.

"Die, All" ...

:-|

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

The variious stylised plugs from most of the 20th c are all but gone now

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Rem acu tetigisti. Thanks.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

Presumably so they can also flog them in other places that aren't B&Q - like Castorama, Koçta? or Brico Dépôt. Or indeed Screwfix.

Ever been to Poundland? Or shopped at CPC? Or Aldi, Lidl...?

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Hell no... Not for stuff like this anyway :-o

Or shopped at CPC?

I buy branded products from Onecall (CPC/Farnell).

Sometimes. I don't mind a cheap wall chaser or SDS for rough work. I expect it to break (as my dirt cheap SDS did 3 or so years later).

But I would not buy electrical stuff from them.

Reply to
Tim Watts