bathroom wall mounted fan heaters....

Ageing rellies vintage 70s? dimplex wall mounted fan heater has retired.
Had adjustable rotary 'clockwork' 'countdown' timer, rotary adjustable heat controls, push button on/off.
Rellies keen to have similar, despite my doubts about the point of the 'countdown timer' - why would you want to leave the bathroom with a fan heater going for x minutes until it switched itself off??
Anyway, goggling reveals nothing very similar (no surprises there), anyone any pointers please?
TIA
Jim K

Are you sure it's an over-run timer, that starts at switch off, rather than a run timer that starts at switch on, which would make more sense?
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Oh sorry, I re-read your question and it is the latter scenario. If the alternative it would be forgotten about and left on all day, it's a good idea.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (left such a bathroom heater on all day by mistake).
--
Roland Perry

On Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 3:07:30 PM UTC, Roland Perry wrote:

I knew someone who once left an iron on... for two weeks whilst he went on holiday!

He?
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

East End gangs in the 60s sometimes used a hot iron on people who had displeased them so perhaps someone had really, really pissed him off.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid
"Graham." < snipped-for-privacy@privicy.net> wrote in message
/Are you sure it's an over-run timer, that starts at switch off, rather than a run timer that starts at switch on, which would make more sense? /q
Mmm fair point, as its bust I'm not 100% sure what its supposed to do, I'll find out.....
Jim K

Ebay has this http://tinyurl.com/oucuvtq
It says: "Supplied complete with Electronic run-back Timer which automatically switches heater off after pre set time". Not clockwork, but sounds similar.
--

Chris

It says: "Supplied complete with Electronic run-back Timer which automatically switches heater off after pre set time". Not clockwork, but sounds similar./q
Yes I saw these on my goggling, but they have no thermostat, no heat adjustment (except on installation), & timer run on is fixed (on installation)
So not similar enough I reckon.
Cheers Jim K

Dimplex are still doing them but with electronic timers (which comes as no surprise). Current models appear to be pull cord triggered with a run back timer for a set period (adjustable by jumpers, 5 - 80mins). Not sure if the period can be terminated early.
See model DX FX20VE or DX FX20EIPX4 eg:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
2kW but it appears to be internally switchable to 1kW.
Run on after a shower or bath isn't so daft as it will help dry the room out, as long as there is some ventilation.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
"JimK" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

Bollocks. They work quite well.
--
Adam

On Sunday, 1 February 2015 15:44:58 UTC, ARW wrote:

Especially if positioned so they (a) demist the mirror, and (b) can be stood under for hair-drying.
Owain
     snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com writes:

+1.
I have one older Dimplex, of an age where it will last forever. Well, the pull cord switch died after a year or so, and I cleaned it up and it made it switch a DIN rail contactor in the heater rather than the element directly, which it's now been doing for nearly 30 years.
Routine cleaning is essential, with an air duster can and vacuum cleaner.
Even so, we've never managed to get more recent models of any make to last more than 5 years (and very much less without the cleaning).
--
Andrew Gabriel

+1 more vote for fan heaters in bathrooms.

In the light of what you say the Dimplex here probably deserves special mention next time we update our wills. After all, it's only 25 :)
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Just threw away a Dimplex convector. First the safety thermostat failed, then the main one.
--
Today is Boomtime, the 32nd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3181
Fancy some more excitement in your life? I'm selling my 300 bhp/tonne

Don't make 'em like they used to. How old?
--
Andrew Gabriel

At least 10 years. We couldn't remember.
Dimplex wanted £44 for the thermostat - more than a replacement heater. I could have got a generic one, but since the safety stat had already failed (and it's riveted to the heating element) I decided to call it quits.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 33rd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3181
Fancy some more excitement in your life? I'm selling my 300 bhp/tonne