Brushes sticking on Bosch jigsaw

My brushes are keep sticking in my jigsaw causing it to stop, after I open up the casing and clean them its Ok for a while but then it happens again do I just need new brushes or could there be an underlying problem?

Reply to
Housemartin

Housemartin presented the following explanation :

I once had an angle grinder, where the brushes would stick in their holders. I resolved it by sanding down the sides of the brushes slightly.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

They dont seem very tight in their holders. But thanks anyway Martin

Reply to
Housemartin

when you say sticking - do you mean:-

1) moving and wedging the motor so it's unable to move?

or

2) sticking in their holders and not making good contact with the commutator?

or

3) something entirely different??

Jim

Reply to
jim

Does the armature always stop in the same place? (use blob of tippex to mark it)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C