Broken Shower Switch

Hi,

I know nothing about this type of stuff so hope someone can shed some light on the subject. My shower switch seems to have broken (the box with the cord that comes from the ceiling). This isn't the first time that this has happend which makes me wonder if replacing the box may not be enough. Could it be due to dodgy wiring or something similar. When I pull the cord, the light comes on but is very faint. Any ideas? How much would something like this cost to get replaced?

Thanks

Sion

Reply to
SIONEDWARDS

Could be loose wires - if the contacts are burnt you need a new one - about £10-£15. May need to replace some wiring too depending on the extent of the damage. Switch off at the main switch and take a peek to assess the situation.

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 13:51:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.CO.UK mused:

Doubt it. Do you use the switch to operate the shower? If so, could be where you are going wrong, my advice is to only use it to isolate the shower when required, for day to day operation use the controls on the shower itself.

Is that all that is wrong with it? If so, then there's no major hurry to change it.

Depends who you get out, 25-65GBP probably.

Reply to
Lurch