Apollo Boiler Thermocouple/Spark problem

Hi,

I've been having problems with my boiler in that the pilot light keep going out. It will remain lit sometimes for hours/days and then will g out again. This is normally due to the thermocouple needing replacing: last replaced it about five years ago.

Anyway I have now replaced it, but now the pilot light won't light a all. I can't even get a spark when I push the ignition valve.

Is there something obvious I'm not doing?

John

PS I've turned the gas back on and checked the fuse in plug

-- JohnGorrod

Reply to
JohnGorrod

Quite probably the spark lead fell off during the thermocouple replacement. Or maybe the thermocouple is not in the same place and its now too far from the spark electrode.

Reply to
Ed Sirett