Shower Electrical Safety

Hi guys, Pensioner(82 Big Years Old)has had and electric shower fitted. Hanging from the bathroom ceiling is a pullcord for the light,a pullcord for the bathroom heater and a pull cord (with red power on light at ceiling switch)for power on to the shower unit.Is it ok if the power on switch with red light indicator is left on all the time, as at her age all these cords can be confusing,then just press the shower on button when she gets into the shower.

Thanks in advance for your answers- cheers

Reply to
mal

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 06:33:05 +0000 (UTC), mal mused:

That's what I generally recommend anyway, the switches are there for isolation purposes only, not operation.

Reply to
Lurch

...and don't worry that the red light will run up your electric bill. It is only a neon and its consumption is insignificant. Pulling the cord will probably end up pulling the switch off the ceiling in time. They need quite a tug don't they. As Lurch says - leave it alone - perhaps shorten the cord.

Reply to
John

Thanks guys for the quick reply,it will make things easier for the old lady cheers-mal

Reply to
mal

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 09:01:20 GMT, "John" mused:

I usually try and fit them behind the door. It really annoys me that everyone thinks they should be right inside the door next to the light pull switch.

My mate has just fitted a new bathroom and moved the pullswitch outside and changed it to a 2 gang dimmer. He then put the shower pull cord where the lightswitch was. Brilliant idea.

Reply to
Lurch