Braun Oral B

To the best of your knowledge are all chargers (over time) the same electrically?

Reply to
JohnP

Can't speak for all, but the two Oral B chargers I have have different power ratings.

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

I've had several over the years and they seem to be interchangeable. Not doubting the other poster's observation that some have different ratings.

Reply to
newshound

I have bought USB Oral B type chargers (i.e. a brush charger that can be connected to a normal charger for a phone etc) which are useful for taking on holiday where the power sockets are different. I did find that these chargers would not charge one Oral B electric brush tha I own.

I also have a Philips electric brush. Its charger has a smaller pin so it can charge an Oral B brush. The Philips brush does not fit on the Oral B charger.

Reply to
Michael Chare

No. Depends on the number of cells and what type of battery they are and to some extent on how cheap the device is. Charging in series is hardly every a good way to preserve life. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in news:rv8an1$ocg$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

When I have stripped one there was only one cell Brian.

Reply to
JohnP

Yes, we have found that Oral toothbrushes charge quite happily on a Philips charger, quite handy as it avoids having to have two chargers.

Reply to
Chris Green

At some point in the last 20-odd years they changed something that meant incompatibility of new and old. (I /think/ some say the frequency.) They also changed from "dual voltage" to separate chargers for different regions.

Reply to
Robin

Brian, Braun toothbrushes use wireless, high-frequency inductive charging.

We upgraded from an older NiMH toothbrush to a new Li-ion one and the existing wall-mounted charger/head holder worked fine.

Reply to
Reentrant

I got one with a europlug charger years ago (to assist with holiday plans) and have continued to use the same charger with successive toothbrushes.

Reply to
Scott

About 20-50kHz

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

Not sure I'd call it wireless. Just a loosely coupled transformer. Small because it's not 50Hz. :-)

Reply to
Tim Streater

"...also known as wireless charging... ... electric toothbrushes ..."

Feel free to edit the article if it's wrong.

Reply to
Reentrant