Long lens webcam

At a Zoom meeting, one of the participants appeared to be using a long lens camera. He was nicely in focus - the room background very soft. Looked rather good. Picture quality was just as normal. I suppose there's nothing to stop you using any camera that you can get an output from? Don't think it was overlay - you can usually tell when they move.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I am having trouble obtaining an adapter ring to mate with a male c-mount thread (25mm) to 28mm male. I have a Contar industrial powered zoom (10:1) lens and want to fit it with a Bresser web camera.

Reply to
jon

I've seen an option to blur background on some videoconference applications. Not sure how it's done, but I assumed it was some sort of image processing rather than an effect generated by the lens.

Reply to
Caecilius

We use Teams rather than Zoom for work, but it has a similar overlay option and, yes, it does give rise to all sorts of artifacts around the person as they move. However, the blur option seems to be far, far better, with no artifact effect most of the time. Where it does become obvious is if someone wants to show a paper sketch ... it is only in view if they hold it in front of their chest and blurs out as they move it away.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I suspect what Dave is looking for is something to blur the bookcase behind him, so the volumes therein resemble heavyweight, academic textbooks and you can no longer make out they're actually yearly binders of Parade and Penthouse from the 1970s. ;-)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Richard

If you have a high-res camera, the software driver (if Windows will allow you to run it), it supports snipping a 640x480 chunk out of a larger landscape.

This allows you to pan around the visual field and center the participant in the view provided to the conference software.

This is one reason I do conferences in Windows 7, because the webcam software is allowed to install and work there, and I have the nifty centering software to square things up.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I've just bought an ELP Webcam 5-50mm and the depth of field is little enough to blur the map on the wall 600mm behind my head.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

....or even Colour Climax.

Reply to
jon

I think you may be confusing "bokeh" with "bukkake"

michael adams

... .

Reply to
michael adams

Ha ha used to buy The Parade in the early 60's for a shilling .......

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

Some modern DSLRs will function as a webcam, or failing that a HDMI to USB capture device will let you use any DSLR with video output.

Reply to
John Rumm

Changed your address, pet? Are the tax people after you again?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Ah - right. I'd never seen it before. Just an overlay picture - and even with green screen you can usually tell. (I tend to do Zoom etc on this computer setup which has a decent large monitor)

I did wonder, because many rooms wouldn't allow you to get the camera far enough away to get the effect I saw.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Of course, blurring is a function of aperture as well as focal length.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I'd guess most webcams are wide open most of the time anyway. Yet still manage to have everything in focus.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Why would you bind them?

Lamination, that's what you want...