Boxt central heating install - anyone used them?

My first instinct is to run away.

Looks like national double glazing firms which use contract installers then use a professional team to fix the bodges if you complain loudly enough.

However they could be all right, despite the "win a prize" promotion and, I'm told, a free Google thermostat.

Any experience of these people?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

45% owned by Bosch, and only supply WB, not that either are a bad thing.
Reply to
Andy Burns

From that site:

"For years it was impossible to buy a boiler or air conditioning unit without a visit from a salesperson first. A salesperson would spend hours with you, taking down a few pieces of basic information, having a cup of tea and deciding what you're going to need - and how much it will cost you."

Or you could just call in a gas certified plumber/central heating engineer.

As we have done for decades now.

The reviews are very good. My one reservation would be (as with big double glazing firms) that you could lose that personal touch. Anything goes wrong and another engineer turns up to fix it. Who may or may not understand why the first installer did it a particular way.

At least no horror stories yet. :-)

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Check on the plumbing forums on FB, there are hundred of shocking installations out there by BOXT. I think they must be paying customers to keep quiet. Of course they have good installs too, but the image not none are bad is false. And, as pointed out previously, getting it put right once they have your money is near on impossible

Reply to
LM

LM has brought this to us :

Well this is a DIY forum - you should DIY and get it right. Only a two year old post this time..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.