Bosch power tool parts

Darn! Today was supposed to be sanding day, finally making the walls good for painting. But the Velcro backing pad which holds on the sanding discs on my trusty Bosch eccentric sander has stopped being sticky so the pads fly off. Wasn't helped I don't think by the pad flying off and it taking a while before I noticed, effectively trying to sand the wall with the Velcro pad.

Anyway, I've found the part number on the Bosch site (very impressive detail!) but can't find anywhere in the UK to buy it from. There is a "find dealer" link on the site but that only lists one dealer overseas (anyone know what country as code 020?) which isn't ideal.

Thanks, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Found UK number for their call centre - but only open normal working hours.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Thanks.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

I have ordered direct from Bosch UK in the past they have always been very helpful the address & telephone is,

Robert Bosch Limited Broadwater Park Denham Uxbridge Middlesex UB9 5HJ.

Tel, 01895 834 466

Reply to
Kaiser

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:25:04 GMT, "Rob Nicholson" strung together this:

I found one good parts supplier who does mail order, the number was on the wall of the office, but I think someone chucked it. :-(

IIRC, the name of the company was Healeys, or Healeys Tools, or something similar. They were recommended by Bosch as a distributor of their parts.

Er, (020) is London.

Reply to
Lurch

Ahh that's why it was familiar :-) The address though is distinctly foreign!

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

"Rob Nicholson" wrote | There is a "find dealer" link on the site but that only lists one dealer | overseas (anyone know what country as code 020?)

None. No country code starts with 0. They all start with + (if you do not have a + key on your phone you will not be able to dial direct. Call 155 and ask the international operator to dial the + for you).

020 is the national code for London, England, and probably a few other places as well.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You could also try here, I think it may be the company Lurch was referring to,

's.htm

Reply to
Kaiser

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:29:54 -0000, "Kaiser" strung together this:

That's the one, I was just about to have a look for it! I'll make a note of that and stick it back on the wall.

Reply to
Lurch

Been there done that. ;-)

Healy's as mentioned below.

They have a link to their Ebay shop on the site where you can buy some of the backing pads straight away.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Where can I find that link to the Ebay shop, I've looked through their web site?

Reply to
Kaiser

Ok, thanks found it now.

Reply to
Kaiser

Not so. The + is just a placeholder for a particular country's international access code. 00 in the case of Britain.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

"Rob Nicholson" wrote | > Er, (020) is London. | Ahh that's why it was familiar :-) The address though is distinctly foreign!

Perhaps they have a London phone number diverting, or using Voice over IP, to their foreign office.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

This *is* a wind-up - isn't it?

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think so :-) Been reflecting on this - the change to the new telephone codes for London must have coincided with a change of job where I never call London anymore. Strange.

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

"Jim Alexander" wrote | > None. No country code starts with 0. They all start with + | Not so. The + is just a placeholder for a particular country's | international access code. 00 in the case of Britain.

But the international access code is not part of the country code.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Bob Eager" wrote | > None. No country code starts with 0. They all start with + (if you do | > not have a + key on your phone you will not be able to dial direct. | > Call 155 and ask the international operator to dial the + for you). | This *is* a wind-up - isn't it?

Slightly :-)

I remember reading a text describing the antics of some phreakers who intercepted calls to the DQ positions in America.

"The number you need is 4127 and a half. Do you have a half key on your phone"

and

"Is that person black or white? Only we have different directories"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Your keyboard is not responding. Press any key to continue"

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote | "Your keyboard is not responding. Press any key to continue"

I've got one of these wonderful keyboard with extra keys for every imaginable function (help, print, shopping, finance, chat, email, etc -- which I never use) but no key labelled 'any'.

The old Wang terminals had a dedicated 'help' key and I heard of one secretary who phoned the helpdesk in anger. She'd been pressing the 'help' key for half an hour and no-one had come to her assistance.

Owain

Reply to
Owain